Student Transfer Policy
Student Transfers for 2017-2018 1st Semester
For Transfers from School Districts Outside of
Middlebury Community Schools
- Parents/guardians must complete, sign and submit the Student Transfer Application. The parent's signature affirms, "I understand that if approved this transfer is conditional on my student maintaining satisfactory attendance and behavior." The completed Student Transfer Request Form is to be dropped off or sent to the Administration Center, 56853 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, Indiana 46540, attention Mr. James Bromley, who reviews each request.
- There is no tuition fee to attend Middlebury Community Schools for the 2017-2018 school year.
Approval or Denial
- The first day transfer requests for the 2017-2018 1st semester will be accepted is Wednesday, February 22, 2017. The deadline for submitting 2017-2018 1st semester transfer requests is September 15, 2017. Requests will be processed as they are submitted. Requests received after September 15, 2017 will not be processed.
- Parents/guardians are informed by letter as to whether the transfer has been granted or denied as soon as the request is processed.
- In order to continue at the transfer school, a new form must be submitted and approved each year. Those forms will be mailed to current transfer students in February, inviting them to re-apply.
- While continuations are honored when possible, they cannot be guaranteed for future years. In all cases, approvals are dependent on space being available in that grade level at the transfer school. Any approval may later be revoked if a student does not maintain satisfactory behavior or attendance.
- MCS does not provide transportation across school boundaries. Students may be transported on MCS buses from their school to the Boys/Girls Club after school, but may not utilize bus service to or from anywhere else in the district. Kindergarten students are not eligible for Boys and Girls Club attendance.
If you have questions or need more information please call the Administration Center at 574-825-9425 or email: email@example.com
If you are having trouble viewing this website or if you have questions or comments about this website, please contact the webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middlebury Community Schools © 2017